Well, Thing 3 is about looking at our personal brands, which made me wonder if I actually have one! As I've already admitted I've never blogged before, and although I tweet it's for work and therefore part of our workplace brand; my personal twitter account is very quiet indeed.
I did google myself, but as I share my full name with 77 other people in the UK alone (courtesy of http://www.yournotme.com/) and probably 100s or 1000s worldwide, I wasn't surprised that I didn't appear on the first couple of pages. However if I was the person who handmade collectable teddy bears, or the one who ran a website for mail-order brides I would probably be quite pleased with my online presence! Narrowing the search down I did get a handful of results (liberally interspersed with various LinkedIn/Facebook profiles), but nothing that could conceivably be seen as a coherent picture of me - this is something that I will obviously need to address.
I'm still thinking about changing my blog if I have time, even if I stay with Blogger I may tinker with it a bit - I'm not sure that this says anything about me at all, perhaps I chose it to stay under the radar!
I've had a look at a couple of the posts recommended on the CPD23 blog, I especially liked Dave Fleet's post, but then I do love Prezzi - I'll try some of his suggestions, but it's late now so will do it tomorrow.
0 comments:
Post a Comment